Handicap International Luxembourg has launched a campaign to promote the professionalinclusion of people with disabilities in May 2023, on the occasion of Labour Day. The aim of the campaign is to change the way people look at disability and to overcome prejudice, particularly with regard to disability in low- and middle-income countries.
16% of the world's population lives with a disability, and up to 80% of disabled people of working age are excluded from the world of work. Despite international initiatives and national laws providing standards to ensure the professionalinclusion of people with disabilities in the world of work, there is still a long way to go.
As part of the European Week for the Employment of People with Disabilities,handicap International Luxembourg invites you to the conference "The professionalinclusion of people with disabilities here and elsewhere", Tuesday 21 November from 5.30pm to 7.30pm at the Cercle Cité, Luxembourg.
- Welcome by the Director General of HI Luxembourg
- Introduction of key concepts byhandicap International experts
- Testimonials from participants, institutional partners and committed employers
- Discussions and debates
- Closing of the event with a convivial moment
- Céline Trublin, Economicinclusion Specialist -handicap International
- Jean-Patrick Masquelier, Basic Needs and Economicinclusion Specialist -handicap International Luxembourg
- Joel Delvaux, disabled employee and representative of disabled people within OGBL
Published on 31 October 2023