RAISE EMPLOYEE AWARENESS OF ROAD HANDICAPS AND ROAD PREVENTION
Company name : LEASEPLAN LUXEMBOURG S.A.
Activity sector : Other service activities
Company category : SME
Raise awareness, train and involve
Description of the action
From 19/09 to 22/09 we have implemented several actions in collaboration withhandicap International:
- A mock road test for the employees
- Raising awareness ofhandicap International's actions on this same theme: 1handicap International stand, General information brochures onhandicap International, 1 exhibition of "Disability and Development" actions, Road Safety project sheet + Posters in common areas, Possibility of distributing videos on Road Safety.
- A participatory disability awareness session in the form of role-playing by groups;
- An information session on concrete Road Safety actions by a technical advisor.
Every year, the LeasePlan CSR group commits itself during the mobility week. This year, we wanted to focus our action on road prevention by making the link between road safety and disability.
Handicap International therefore appeared to be an ideal partner for this action.
- Unite all staff around a project.
- Awareness raising sessions were aimed at working on the daily difficulties related to different disabilities; raising awareness of the rights of people with disabilities / putting oneself in the shoes of a person with disabilities / demonstrating the importance of cooperation between all members of a society / improving communication and teamwork skills.
- Meeting of the association "Handicap International" and signing of a partnership during the Speed Meeting Part&Act in Luxembourg.
- Contact with the association in order to set up a joint action during the mobility week.
- Organisation of "fictitious" traffic law sessions
- Organization of an internal competition
Awareness raising and discussions of employees around the themes :
- disabilities caused by road accidents
- good conduct on the road
« To do »
- Involve the company's management
- Organize the event in a fun way
- Creating spaces for discussion and exchange
- Communicating upstream to bring together as many people as possible
- Involve employees in the organization and implementation of the event
« Not to do »
- Underestimating the preparatory work
Keywords : Diversity management plan
Published on 10 October 2016