Cultivating a D&I culture all year round
Company name : FRANKLIN TEMPLETON INTERNATIONAL SERVICES S.À R.L.
Activity sector : Financial and insurance activities
Company category : SME
Raise awareness, train and involve
Description of the action
Diversity andinclusion has become a key element within the culture of our organisation focused around various angles defined as Business Resource Groups: Women, Able, Ben, Hola, Pride, Veterans.
A Chief Diversity Officer was also appointed on a group level in 2020 reporting directly to the CEO. A number of events are held throughout the year on a group level but also locally by the Luxembourg D&I local chapter to ensure that employees can participate, exchange and relate. Specific events organised by FT Luxembourg were:
- A transgender person testifying about her journey and integration back into the workplace
- Gay Moms talk: their journey to becoming mothers •Seminar for International Women’s’ Day: open discussion with a Deloitte Partner, Real Estate Leader on her personal success story and gender diversity best practices
- Black History Month – viewing of a documentary named Dark Girls
- Celebration of Diversity Days 2019 in collaboration with DLA Piper:
- Emotional intelligence workshop
- Art Exhibition around the D&I topic oRelease of 100 multi-coloured balloons (recyclable) with D&I messages on them
- Conversation with Gerard van Gemert, a children’s book writer and his way to incorporate D&I messages into his writings.
- Voluntary work with Tricentenaire organisation in Luxembourg
- Virtual Lunch & Learn about Mindfulness in Times of Uncertainty - Tips and Tricks to stay resilient, delivered by a local professional (positive psychologist)
- Interview with a film maker and discover LGBT+ stories
- Female leadership session to connect senior female professionals and female leaders to share experience
- Hosting an industry wide “Lean in” event in our offices for 60 participants
- Having a stand for D&I at our Franklin Templeton Brand “Reach For Better” promotion in Luxembourg to advocate the subject and the committee’s purpose
- Unconscious Bias training across the firm
- Global CEO is female and a passionate active supporter of D&I activities
« To do »
- Don’t assume; take time to understand and consider perspectives
- Not make D&I single timed events
« Not to do »
- Collaborate (as we did with DLA and Deloitte and other external sources) and take experiences from many different sources in the industry and more broadly to enrich our understanding and appreciate the value of diversity in the workplace.
- Make it a corporate culture
Keywords : Diversity management plan
Published on 14 October 2020