Creation of a procedure against harassment and discrimination
Nom de l'entreprise : INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF LUXEMBOURG ASBL
Secteur d'activité : Enseignement
Catégorie de l'entreprise : Fondation, Association, ONG
Définir une politique diversité
Description de l'action
Development of an official procedure in case of harassment ordiscrimination for the students, parents or employees. By harassment we understand: racial, cyber, religious, moral, sexual or any other kind.discrimination may be based on age, gender, ethnicity or any other form.
- ISL has a zero tolerance of harassment ordiscrimination. It was important to the school that this positioning was formalised.
- This procedure honours our core values:
- We believe in the power of listening to each other
- We believe learning should happen in and out of the classroom
- We believe in looking after each other like family
- We believe we achieve more if we work as a team
- We believe change is almost always a force for good
- For the school it is important that students become involved and informed about diversity andinclusion as part of our mission:
- To ensure that everyone in our community becomes inspired, resilient and passionate about achieving what matters anywhere in the world.
- Make sure all people are treated equally and without discrimination
- Development of a procedure against harassment anddiscrimination that is clear at each step.
- The first step was to draft the procedure together with the HR team.
- Afterwards it was shared and discussed with colleagues.
- Once validated, the written procedure was included in both the staff handbook and the Parent-Student Handbook.
The procedure clearly specifies:
- to whom the person feeling harassed or discriminated should talk (for example a teacher or counsellor for a student or a Leadership Team member for a staff member or parent).
- how to create a dialogue between concerned parties;
- resolve the conflict
- This procedure has been used with positive results.
- The procedure was supported by staff and parents.
« A faire »
- Collaborate with the beneficiaries (employees, parents & students)
- Communicate the procedure clearly through handbooks
- To support the “zero tolerance” positioning, this year, the school has organised virtual webinars, including discussions on LGBT topics and anti racism. These events are organised internally by staff and are available for other schools to participate in.
« Ne pas faire »
- Offer support and safe spaces for people to seek help and guidance.